Terms & Conditions
eLearning Terms & Conditions
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Goods and/or Services to you (the Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Goods or Services from our Sites. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods or Services from our Site.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 1.2. Every time you wish to make an order, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated in July 2017.
Please carefully read the following terms before accessing this site or using The Health & Safety Group’s services. By accessing the site (which includes, visiting, registering, purchasing or accessing a course) you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access the site.
- 1.1) We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to your eLearning material, but access to the courses may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- 1.2) We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- 1.3) You will have access to the following courses you have purchased for a 12 month period from the date of purchase. CSTF Infection Prevention & Control, CSTF Information Governance, CSTF Fire Safety, HSG Food Hygiene, CSTF Preventing Radicalisation.
- 1.4) You will have access to the following courses you have purchased for a 36 month period from the date of purchase. Blood Component Transfusion, CSTF Health, Safety and Welfare, CSTF NHS Conflict Resolution, CSTF Safeguarding Children Level 3, CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights, CSTF Safeguarding Adults (Levels 1&2), CSTF Safeguarding Children (Levels 1&2)
- 1.5) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- 2.1) The client must pay in full or provide a purchase order before the start of any training.
- 2.2) With purchase orders Health & Safety Group will raise an invoice for the course fees and any certification / exam fees before the start of the training. In the case of PO’s the client must pay any invoice within 30 days of the date on the invoice.
- 2.3) Online payment is the preferred method of payment. Recognised credit cards are Visa/Mastercard/Maestro.
- 2.4) Course fees include the licensing of training materials to a limited period of time to and appropriately qualified course content. Each license is valid to one person only and cannot be exchanged or shared.
- 2.5) We reserve the right to review the pricing and take appropriate action when changes to course or exam specification occur beyond our control.
- 2.6) Late payment may incur penalty charges.
3. Cancellation Policy
- 3.1) All cancelations must be submitted via contact us
- 3.2) If a student cannot access the course online via http://mycourses.hsg-elearning.co.uk/ or https://elearning.hs-group.com because they fail to meet the required system requirements given on the website, then we will not take responsibility or give a refund to the purchaser.
- 2.2) Started or completed individual e-learning modules are non refundable. Started or completed e-learning modules purchased as part of a bundle are non refundable.
4. e-Learning Materials
- 4.1) The training material is property of Health & Safety Group.
- 4.2) This training material has been prepared, maintained, updated and distributed by Health & Safety Group.
- 4.3) The use of the training material on our courses is restricted to the Registered User who has been supplied with the log in details by a Training Services Provider as part of an authorised course.
- 4.4) The Registered User shall not copy, share, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials provided by Health & Safety Group other than for their own individual training. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law and any violators will be prosecuted.
- 4.5) The Registered User shall not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials.
- 4.6) The materials made available by Health & Safety Group are provided “as-is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed, or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
- 4.7) We do not warrant that the materials will be error free including technical inaccuracies, nor free of viruses, or other harmful matter. The entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction, is the Registered User’s responsibility.
- 4.8) We may make improvements, or changes, to this material at any time without prior notification.
- 4.9) If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease to use the e-learning immediately.
5. Access to the courses
- 5.1) We strive to provide access to our services on a continuous basis. To that end, we will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access of the courses to its Students. However, from time to time, students may be unable to Access the courses due to conditions beyond our control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability of the courses to its Students, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
- 5.2) We endeavour to provide the highest quality content to our Students. To that end, we reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, Access and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, notice may be made by posting such changes on this Site.
- 5.3) Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site.
6. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- 6.1) Users access this site at his/her/its own risk. The site is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third parties’ rights are specifically disclaimed. We do not warrant any particular result from use of the software or site. We do not warrant that the information on the site is accurate, complete or complies with any particular law or regulation, or that the operation of and your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free or completely secure.
- 6.2) Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall we or any of our affiliates, agents, employees, shareholders, directors, officers, third party content providers, successors or assigns be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losses.
- 6.3) In no event will we be liable for any damages in excess of the amount we received from the student for access to a course, even if we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
- 6.4) In no event will warranties provided by law, if any, apply unless they are required to apply by statute notwithstanding their exclusion by contract.
- 6.5) This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or an omission of Health & Safety Group, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorised access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. We are not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.