How our Customers rate us:
HSG Food Hygiene
This course explains the route food takes from delivery to service and identifies potential hazards that can be present at each stage. The course also explains the different types of food poisoning and their symptoms and suggests measures we can take to reduce food poisoning risks.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular:
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Definition of food hygiene
- Who is at risk
- Food poisoning
- Movement of bacteria
- High risk foods and cross contamination
- Keeping food safe
- Food allergies
- Cleaning and personal hygiene
- Reporting of illness
- Understand basic food hygiene procedures
- Understand the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) Process
- Recognise vulnerable people
- Recognise types of pests found within food environments
- Understand the legal implications of not adhering to food safety legislation
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.