How our Customers rate us:
Standard 9 - Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia & Learning Disabilities
This Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disabilities module delivers key underpinning knowledge to healthcare worker which can be used towards achieving the care certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular
- New starters to the organisation
- Existing staff as a refresher
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Mental Health Conditions
- Depression & Anxiety
- Learning Disabilities
- Cognitive Disorders
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Mental Capacity Act
- Persons Representative
- Reporting Procedures
- Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions, dementia or learning disabilities
- Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.