How our Customers rate us:
CSTF Infection Prevention & Control
The content of this course has been verified by Skills for Health as aligning to the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
This course in infection prevention and control has been designed to help you deal safely and effectively with workplace infection risks. It will allow you to promote and develop best practice in infection prevention techniques, understand the chain of survival and give you the ability to implement reactive measures that can help to reduce the spread of infection within a healthcare environment.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular:
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Chain of Infection
- Healthcare Acquired Infections
- Alert Organisms
- Prevention & Protection
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Know how individuals can contribute to infection prevention and control
- Have knowledge of and demonstrate the standard infection prevention and control precautions relevant to their role including:
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Management of Blood and Body Fluid Spillage
- Management of Occupational Exposure (including sharps)
- Management of the Environment
- Management of Care Equipment.
- Recognise and act when their personal fitness to work may pose a risk of infection to others
- Be able to describe the healthcare organisations and their own responsibilities in terms of current infection prevention and control legislation
- Know how to obtain information about infection prevention and control within the organisation
- Understand what is meant by the term healthcare associated infections
- Understand the chain of infection and how this informs infection prevention and control practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the routes of transmission of micro-organisms
- Understand individual roles and responsibilities for the three levels of decontamination
- Use single use items appropriately
- Be able to conduct a risk assessment in respect of ensuring infection prevention and control
- Explain different alert organisms and conditions that pose an infection risk
- Describe how to safely manage patients with specific alert organisms
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.