How our Customers rate us:
CSTF Information Governance
The content of this course has been verified by Skills for Health as aligning to the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
This course explains the importance of patient consent to disclosures of personal information, the means & methods of disclosures and the legislative requirements of keeping information secure.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Aims & Principles
- Caldicott Report
- Data Protection
- Freedom of information
- Patient Information
- Confidentiality & disclosure
- Counter Fraud
- Understand the principles of Information Governance and how they apply in every day working environments
- Understand within the context of their specific role how to provide a confidential service to patients and service users in line with the duty of confidentiality
- Know how to ensure and maintain good record keeping.
- Understand fundamentals of data protection, confidentiality and the Caldicott Principles
- Understand the responsibilities of healthcare organisations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Understand individual responsibilities in responding to a Freedom of Information request
- Understand the principles of good record keeping.
- Understand, within the context of their role, how they can apply and maintain information security guidelines.
- Know where they can gain local access to policies, procedures and further information on Information Governance.
Health care workers need to ensure that they are working in line with the equality and human rights framework implemented by their organisation in order to avoid being discriminative. This course provides an understanding of diversity in our workplace environment and explains how our own attitudes, values and actions can have an impact on others. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.