How our Customers rate us:
CSTF Fire Safety
The content of this course has been verified by Skills for Health as aligning to the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Fire Safety training is a legal requirement for all staff. This course explains the proactive actions which can be taken to reduce the chances of a fire starting and also the reactive measures undertaken to reduce the potential spread of fire to allow us to evacuate effectively.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Fire Statistics
- Fire Triangle
- Smoke & Toxicity
- Prevention & Protection
- Sources of Ignition
- Evacuating Patients
- Evacuating procedures
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Classes
- Understand the characteristics of fire, smoke and toxic fumes
- Know the fire hazards in the working environment
- Be aware of the significant findings of relevant fire risk assessments
- Be able to practice and promote fire prevention
- Be aware of basic fire safety and local fire safety protocols including staff responsibilities during a fire incident
- Know the means of raising the fire alarm and the actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Know instinctively and describe the right action to take if fire breaks out or smoke is detected
- Be familiar with the different types of fire extinguishers, state their use and identify the safety precautions associated with their use
- Understand the importance of being familiar with evacuation procedures and associated escape routes
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.