How our Customers rate us:
HSG Blood Component Transfusion
Blood Transfusion is vital to support a variety of clinical procedures and has and continues to save numerous lives every year.
Using blood and blood components is a standard procedure in NHS and private hospitals. Blood transfusion, if used safely and appropriately, will improve the quality of life or be a life-saving treatment for many patients.
This short online course will improve the awareness and competencies of healthcare professionals who administer blood and products in various clinical settings.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector that are trained in blood component transfusion procedures.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Blood Cells
- The ABO System
- The RH System
- Antigens and Antibodies
- Blood sampling, Collection and storage
- Transfusion Decisions
- Refusing Transfusions
- Transfusion Checks & Process
- Adverse Reactions & Events
- The expected benefits, risks & anticipated outcomes of blood transfusion
- The alternatives to blood transfusion
- The processes to authorise (prescribe) blood components & identify available blood components
- The importance of obtaining & documenting informed consent for blood transfusion
- The importance of patient monitoring, transfusion rates & relevant documentation of episodes
- The common errors & complications of blood transfusion together with the appropriate management
- The process for management of massive blood loss
- The procedure for safe use & disposal of equipment amp; materials
- How to raise concerns or report incidents regarding the administration of blood components
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 3 years.