How our Customers rate us:
HSG Falls Awareness
‘An incident in which a person suddenly and involuntary comes to rest on the ground or other lower surface, with or without the loss of consciousness’ (NPSA 2011)
Not all older people fall, falls are an interaction of personal and environmental risk factors within an environment. The more risk factors a person has, the greater the risk of falling.
This course looks into the personal and environmental risk factors in more detail, suggests ways in which to reduce falls within a work place and explains the action to take in the event of a fall.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Fear of Falling
- Impacts of a Fall
- Risk Factors
- Chronic Conditions
- Balance, Exercise and Posture
- Home Modifications
- Comfort Checks
- Reducing the Chance of a Fall
- Consequences of A Fall
- Define what is meant by a fall
- Identify Key Risks Factors that can increase the risk of falls
- Identify Hazards in the environment that can increase the risks of falls
- Understand what preventative measures can be put in place to reduce the risk of falls
- Identify Interventions including strength and exercise programmes
- Know how to react if an individual falls in a work environment
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.