How our Customers rate us:
HSG Suicide & Self Harm Awareness
While suicide is a way of ending life, for some self-harm is a way of coping with life.
This course provides a greater understanding as to why people self-harm or commit suicide. It focuses on those working with or living with individuals who self-harm or have suicidal thoughts. This course then looks at support options and different ways of helping those who feel this way.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Definition of self-harm & suicide
- Warning Signs
- Reasons & Risk Factors
- Myths Vs Facts
- Treatment Options
- Resources & Support
- Exploring Suicidal Thoughts
- Understand the meaning of the terms Self-Harm and Suicide
- Be able to identify risk factors and causes of self-harm and suicide
- Learn how to communicate effectively with a person that self-harms or is having suicidal thoughts
- Identify the support options and treatments available
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.