How our Customers rate us:
CSTF People Moving & Handling Levels 1 & 2
Poor moving and handling practice can lead to back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to an inability to work.
This People Moving and Handling Awareness course is designed to refresh your knowledge in safe patient handling and provide you with the most up to date techniques to protect yourself, and others from harm.
You will learn about the risks involved in People Moving and Handling, the required plans needed pre-movement and then show you how to carry out a range of patient handling techniques safely, while maintaining dignity and respect.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is the course for?
This training is ideal for all healthcare professionals who have the responsibility of moving and handling people within their care facility.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Manual Handling Definition
- Benefits & Costs
- Employer & Employee Responsibilities
- The Spine
- Types of Injuries
- Pressure Ulcer Care
- People Handling Risks
- Care Plans
- Ability Testing
- People Handling Equipment
- Mechanical Lifting Aids
- LITE Process
- Lifting Techniques
- Controversial Techniques
- Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
- Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident
- Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to healthcare
- Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
- Look after your own back and that of patients / residents
- Conduct a personal risk assessment for patients / residents
- Safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment