How our Customers rate us:
Standard 12 - Basic Life Support
Resuscitation skills are vital to improving the chances of survival when someone has a Cardiac Arrest.
This Basic Life Support module delivers key underpinning knowledge to healthcare workers such as: understanding what causes cardiac arrest, recognising a deteriorating casualty and how to safely administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, all which can be used as evidence towards achieving the Care Certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular:
- New starters to the organisation
- Existing staff as a refresher
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Airway Obstruction Signs and Symptoms
- Adult, Child and Infant Choking
- The Chain of Survival
- Basic Life Support Aims
- The Primary Survey – DRAB
- Calling for Help
- Adult, Child and Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (inclusive of video clips)
- Automated External Defibrillation
- How the airway becomes obstructed
- The difference between a partial and severe airway obstruction
- How to correctly administer back blows and abdominal thrusts on and adult and child
- How to correctly administer back blows and chest thrusts on an infant
- The stages of a primary survey
- How to correctly resuscitate an adult, child and infant
- How to correctly use an automated external defibrillator
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.