HSG Enhanced Infection Control
1 Hours (Approx)
HSG Elearning have joined the fight against COVID-19 and are offering this enhanced course in Infection Prevention and Control completely FREE of charge!
This course has been designed to help you deal safely and effectively with workplace infection risks. It will allow you to promote and develop best practice in infection prevention techniques, improve your understanding of the virus and help you to implement proactive measures that will reduce the spread of infection within a healthcare environment, to ensure patient and worker safety.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all staff throughout the health and social care sector, in particular:
- Existing staff to update existing knowledge
- New starters to the organisation
- Returning staff members assisting with the Covid-19 pandemic
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course the learner will:
- Understand how they as an individual contribute to infection prevention and control within the workplace
- Have knowledge of and demonstrate the standard infection prevention and control precautions relevant to their role
- Recognise and act when their personal fitness to work may pose a risk of infection to others
- Understand what is meant by the term healthcare associated infections
- Use single use items appropriately
- Explain different alert organisms and conditions that pose an infection risk
- Describe how to safely manage patients with specific alert organisms
- Legislation, Codes of Practice and Reporting Alert Organisms
- Common Healthcare associated infections
- Covid-19 transmission, symptoms and prevention
- Aerosol Generating Procedures
- Aseptic Non-Touch Technique
- Prevention & Protection
- Personal Hygiene
- Handwashing & Hand Gel
- Five moments of hand hygiene
- Donning and doffing of PPE
- FFP3 facemasks and fitting
What happens next?
Complete your order by selecting one or more courses.
Once you complete your payment details you will receive an email that contains your username and password needed to access your online training portal.
HSG E-learning courses are straightforward and easy to use; however should you need assistance you can use our support section to find more help or contact us.