How our Customers rate us:
HSG Dementia Awareness
There are over 850,000 people living with Dementia in the UK. The continued increase in life expectancy means this figure is expected to rise annually. Source: NHS
This Dementia Awareness Elearning course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to provide exceptional care and support to those with the condition.
By taking this course, you can enhance your understanding of dementia, develop effective communication strategies, and create dementia-friendly environments. Gain valuable insights into early detection, person-centered care, and caregiver well-being. This course empowers you to make a tangible difference in the lives of individuals living with dementia.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is looking after a person who has dementia, or for those who want to learn more about the condition. Whether you are a carer or a relative of a person who has dementia, this course is suitable for all levels.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Dementia Facts
- Anatomy of the Brain
- Main Types of Dementia
- Early Diagnosis
- Later Symptoms + Behaviours
- Changing Attitudes
- Person-Centred Dementia Care
- Person-Centred Care in Practice
- Challenging Behaviours
- The Mental Capacity Act
- The main diseases which cause dementia
- How to recognise the early and later signs of dementia
- The importance of early diagnosis
- The stigma around Dementia
- The theory of person-centred dementia care and how to put this into practice
- The importance of involving family members and offering support
- How to communicate appropriately with someone with dementia
- How to care for someone who is displaying challenging behaviour
- The role of medication
- The key principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.