How our Customers rate us:
HSG End of Life Care
During the COVID-19 pandemic, more than ever, people working in healthcare are finding themselves working with people who are dying, or whose condition is deteriorating rapidly.
Supporting someone who may be approaching the end of their life can be some of the most challenging work that any healthcare professional faces.
Staff need the right skills and knowledge to do their job competently and confidently, and the right training is vital for those who are supporting those reaching the end of their life.
This course is designed to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the end of life and palliative care process. It will make you feel more confident and emotionally prepared, allowing you to deliver high quality care for individuals approaching end of life with compassion, competency and respect.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Definitions and principles
- Holistic approach
- Assessing pain and recognising symptoms
- Symptom management
- Communication methods and barriers
- Ethical considerations
- Advanced care planning
- Treatment in the last days of life
- Care after death
- Bereavement and grief
- Wellbeing and self care
- Understand and know how to apply the 6 principles of end of life care
- Describe the holistic approach to palliative care
- Understand the pain assessment process
- Describe the types, symptoms and treatments of pain
- Explain the different types of palliative care emergencies
- Describe effective communication methods and highlight communication barriers
- Explain advanced care planning and decision making process
- Understand the legislative requirements surrounding end of life care
- Discuss ways to improve patients wellbeing
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.