How our Customers rate us:
HSG Autism Awareness
Autism affects over 700,000 people in the United Kingdom and the number of children being diagnosed with the condition is continuing to increase. (Source: National Autistic Society)
Due to the Autistic Spectrum being so broad it is often hard to define Autism. This is why it is known as the hidden disability.
To those with Autism the world does not make sense, how would you feel waking up and everyone around you is behaving differently, speaking words and phrases that you don't understand. Now imagine that's only the start of the problems that people with Autism face each day.
This course is designed to give you a basic understanding of Autism, highlighting its history to diagnosis, how correct terminology can remove stigma and provide guidance on interacting with patients/colleagues with Autism.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
Healthcare professionals with the responsibility of caring, supporting or providing treatment to a person with Autism.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Understanding Autism
- Autism Causes and Links
- Autistic Spectrum and Triad of Autism
- Effects & Complications
- Terminology & Communication
- Theory of Mind
- Sensory Overload, Meltdowns and Behavioural Problems
- Routine and Rigidity
- Treatment Adjustments and Hospital Passports
- Understand the history of Autism diagnosis
- Explain the Triad of Autism
- Understand how to respond to Sensory Overload
- Be aware of the research surrounding Autism, its possible causes and links
- Explain the common behaviours caused by autism spectrum disorders (ASDs)
- Highlight communication and support mechanism used when treating a Person with Autism.
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.