How our Customers rate us:
Anaphylaxis is a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death if untreated. It is essential for those who look after others to be able to identify and treat anaphylaxis promptly and effectively.
This course meets Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Resuscitation Council UK guidelines and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
This course will develop your knowledge on Anaphylaxis, covering the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of severe allergic reactions in a healthcare setting.
This course was last updated in July 2022
Bulk Buy Discounts
This online training course is suitable for any healthcare professional that would like to learn more about Anaphylaxis or to refresh existing knowledge. Including but not limited to: -
- Registered Nurses
- Locum/ Agency Staff
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support Workers
- Community Staff
- Complex Care Workers
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Definition and Overview
- Causes, Signs and Symptoms of Anaphylaxis
- Refractory and Idiopathic Anaphylaxis
- Treatment and Administration Routes
- Mistaken Diagnosis
- Use of Adrenaline/Epinephrine
- Ampoules Vs Auto-Injectors
- Life Threatening First Aid
- Post Reaction Follow Up and Discharge Process
- Define Anaphylaxis
- Recognise the terms Anaphylactic Shock, Refractory Anaphylaxis, and Idiopathic Anaphylaxis
- Understand the Causes, Signs and Symptoms of Anaphylactic Shock
- Identify Mistaken Conditions
- Explain the safe use of Adrenaline/Epinephrine both in and out of hospital
- Describe the safe use of Adrenaline/Epinephrine autoinjectors, including EpiPen, Emerade and Jext
- Understand the post reaction follow up required prior to patient discharge
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.