How our Customers rate us:
HSG Learning Disability & Autism Awareness
From 1 July 2022, all registered health and social care providers must ensure that their staff receive training in learning disability and autism, including how to interact appropriately with autistic people and people who have a learning disability. Source: CQC
This legal requirement was introduced by the Health and Care Act 2022. It applies to:
- All services and all settings, not just specialist services for people with a learning disability and autistic people, and not just the places where people live
- All health and care staff as well as ancillary staff who may have contact with people with a learning disability and autistic people, such as administrative staff
This Learning Disabilities & Autism Awareness Elearning course is fully mapped to the Oliver McGowan Training Handbook and will provide you with the key knowledge and skills of how best to care for and support autistic people and people with a learning disability.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
This course is for all healthcare professionals who deliver care or support to autistic people, or people with learning disabilities.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Common Definitions
- Learning Disabilities Vs Learning Difficulties
- Types and Characteristics of Learning Disabilities
- Causes and Diagnosis
- Understanding Autism
- Autism Causes, Links and Common Difficulties
- Spectrum and Triad of Autism Sensory Overload
- Meltdowns and Behaviours
- Routines and Rigidity
- Legislation Overview
- Understanding Distress
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour
- Terminology and Effective Communication
- Hospital Passports
- Summarize legislation
- Examine causes/traits of LD & Autism
- Learn diagnosis and treatment options
- Assess communication impacts/terminology
- Study health inequalities and accommodations
- Describe child to adult transition support
- Discuss advanced care planning and challenges
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.