How our Customers rate us:
HSG HIV Awareness
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) impacts around 110,000 individuals in the UK (Source: nat.org.uk). This virus adversely affects immune system cells, diminishing the body's capacity to combat everyday infections. While there is no cure for HIV currently, awareness, treatments and early diagnosis enables people with the virus to live a long and healthy life.
Regular HIV training is crucial for healthcare professionals. It helps them stay up to date with the latest HIV treatment improvements, leading to better patient care and increased awareness. The world of HIV treatment is always changing, bringing new ways to improve patients' health. Keeping up with these changes is vital for best practice.
This HIV Awareness E-Learning course equips healthcare professionals with a deep understanding of crucial aspects related to HIV, such as how it is transmitted, preventive strategies, and the importance of providing comprehensive support to individuals living with HIV.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
This course is for all healthcare professionals who deliver care or support to people living with HIV.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Relevant Legislation and Guidance
- Latest Developments in HIV
- Myths and Facts about Blood Borne Viruses
- Exploring Attitudes to HIV – Patient Approach
- Rates of Infection
- Routes of HIV Transmission + Protection Measures
- HIV Testing and Prophylaxis
- Specific Assessment and Management of HIV
- Assessment and Management of Opportunistic HIV Infections
- System Specific HIV-Associated Conditions
- HIV Associated Malignancies
- HIV Treatment Procedures and Issues
- Improving Services to People Living with HIV
- Pregnancy and Children / HIV Special Circumstances
- Grasp the current HIV landscape, including prevalence, challenges, and recent advancements
- Learn about relevant HIV-related laws and guidelines to ensure ethical care provision
- Address misconceptions about HIV with accurate communication and facts
- Develop a patient-centered attitude towards individuals with HIV, minimizing stigma
- Understand HIV transmission routes and effective preventive measures
- Acquire skills for HIV testing, interpretation, and knowledge of prophylactic strategies
- Master comprehensive assessment and care for people with HIV, considering medical and psychosocial aspects
- Learn to diagnose and treat opportunistic infections linked to HIV
- Identify and manage HIV-related issues affecting various organ systems
- Understand connections between HIV and certain cancers, facilitating early detection and management
- Explore HIV treatment procedures, addressing adherence and side effect challenges
- Discover methods to improve care, reduce stigma, and enhance the well-being of those with HIV
- Gain expertise in managing HIV during pregnancy and childhood, including prevention and care