How our Customers rate us:
Conflict Resolution and Breakaway
Abuse towards frontline workers has nearly doubled since pre-COVID times. In 2021/22, there were over 850 recorded daily incidents, up from 450 in 2019/20 (Source: BRC Crime Survey)
This abuse takes a severe toll on worker’s mental health, prompting them to leave their jobs. Additionally, it results in dissatisfied customers, harm to the company’s reputation, and an estimated annual company losses and insurance claims amounting to £33 billion.
This course aims to assist you in identifying the early signs of confrontational scenarios and equips you with the necessary skills to effectively de-escalate and safely disengage from potentially harmful situations.
Bulk Buy Discounts
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to strengthen their understanding and knowledge of managing conflict, including but not limited to customer service assistants, cashiers, and delivery drivers.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
1. Relevant legislation and legal frameworks
2. Defining Reasonable Force
3. Causes and build-up of an attack
4. Warning and danger signs
5. Challenging behaviour
6. Trigger identification
7. Situational awareness
8. Defensive body positioning and personal space
9. Verbal de-escalation and communication skills
10. Actions to avoid being restrained or attacked
11. Safely disengage from wrist grabs, body grabs, hair / clothing grabs and strangulation
12. Avoid and defend kicks / punches
13. Post incident actions
14. Record keeping and de-briefing
By the end of this course, you will:
• Spot the trigger and early warning signs of conflict
• Engage in difficult conversations
• Effectively de-escalate conflict
• Stay safe in crisis situations
• Know what to do when word-based tactics fail