How our Customers rate us:
HSG Ligature Awareness
Over 700,000 people take their own life each year – that’s one person every 40 seconds (Source: World Health Organisation). With ligature being the most common form of suicide method in the UK accounting for 60% of male and 42% of female suicides.
Healthcare professionals play a pivotal role in both preventing and responding to critical ligature risks. Our Ligature Awareness eLearning Course empowers healthcare professionals with heightened ligature risk awareness and the tools to create safer healthcare spaces.
During this course, participants gain the skills to identify potential ligature points, assess their severity, and implement interventions to prevent self-harm incidents. Through interactive activities, case studies, and practical scenarios, healthcare professionals develop the competencies necessary to ensure the safety and dignity of all patients under their care.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
This course is essential for all healthcare professionals that may come into contact with individuals that are at risk of self-harm or suicide.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- Ligature Identification
- Risk Assessments
- Risk Factors
- Use of Ligature Cutters
- Understanding Suicide
- Ligature Mechanisms
- Emergency Procedures
- Releasing Ligatures
- Help, Support and Medical Pathways
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify various types of ligatures
- Conduct risk assessments for self-harm and suicide
- Safely operate ligature cutters
- Comprehend the causes and warning signs of suicide
- Learn and implement emergency procedures
- Provide emotional support and connect individuals to resources
- Safely release ligatures
- Adhere to legal and ethical responsibilities
- Enhance communication skills
- Develop crisis intervention and de-escalation skills