How our Customers rate us:
HSG Clinical Observations + NEWS2
NEWS2 has been endorsed by NHS England and NHS Improvement for use in acute and ambulance settings. Through standardisation of NEWS2, we can reduce the number of patients whose conditions deteriorate whilst in hospital, and potentially save over 1,800 lives a year. (Source: NHSE)
The National Early Warning Score 2 (NEWS2) is an established track and trigger system to assess illness severity and risk of deterioration for patients in acute episodes of care. A fast and efficient response is required to optimise clinical outcomes and all three elements of the clinical response are critical: early detection, timelines of response and competence.
This Clinical Observation course empowers healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to effectively apply NEWS2, facilitating the identification of rapidly deteriorating patients and the prompt escalation of their care. Through this commitment to excellence in clinical observation and response, we can make substantial strides in enhancing patient safety and well-being within acute healthcare environments.
Bulk Buy Discounts
Who is this course for?
All staff engaged in the care of patients in hospitals and the prehospital assessment of patients.
If you would like to see how our Elearning platform works before purchasing, click on the ‘try before you buy’ button below and you can try a full length Elearning module, completely free of charge!
- NEWs 2 Scoring System
- Physiological Parameters
- Clinical Observations Overview
- Patient Consent
- Personal / Hand Hygiene
- Measuring Oxygen Saturations
- Measuring Blood Pressure / Blood Glucose Levels
- Measuring Respirations
- Measuring the Pulse
- Measuring Level of Consciousness
- Taking a Patients Temperature
- Taking a Urine Sample
- Understanding Pain and Skin Assessments
- Sepsis Awareness
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and use the NEWS2 Scoring System
- Interpret NEWS2 scores effectively
- Identify and explain key Physiological Parameters
- Conduct and document Clinical Observations systematically
- Explain and obtain informed Patient Consent
- Communicate consent effectively
- Measure Oxygen Saturations accurately
- Measure Blood Pressure and Blood Glucose effectively
- Assess and record Respirations and Pulse rates correctly
- Evaluate Consciousness Level and recognize changes
- Measure Temperature using various methods
- Collect Urine Samples safely
- Assess Pain and Skin conditions
- Recognize and manage Sepsis early
Upon completion of this Elearning course, a PDF certificate will be available straight away, that can be downloaded and printed for your records. Each course contains multiple-choice questions and interactive exercises that you’ll need to complete in order to show your understanding of the material and pass the course. Your certificate will be valid for 1 year.